Do you want to work for a Global brand?
Would you like to grow your own Data Engineering team?
Orbition Group have partnered with a Global Brand who are hugely successful and are bringing never-seen-before innovations to their industry.
The Data Engineering Lead will be responsible for the development of a team of highly experienced Data Engineers working in innovation squads.
They will decide which talent best fits the purpose of a specific innovation squad and the level of involvement they should have. They will create the frameworks in which their reports will have to work in, they will set the standards, drive behaviours, and lead the push to educate and develop them, defining successions plan and developing their capabilities.
- Create clear career pathways and development opportunities for the team
- Define level of involvement of the different Data Eng. within the team to the different innovation squads, based on the best fit talent for purpose, being to a certain extent accountable for the outcome of the specific projects,
- Set the behaviours, the standards and the ways of working of their team
- Create Graduate / Internship Programs to attract talent to the unique opportunity that data presents within Brambles
- Develop and offer a wide range of diverse training opportunities through the D&A Academy such as building data pipelines, ETL/ELT, Data Warehouse principles and Dimensional Modelling.
- Ensure training programs are tailored to different competency levels and consist of a mixture of instructor-led training, hands-on experience, immersion sessions, showcases, speaker series’, as well as online and self-paced learning through the Academy.
- Creating paths of development for more junior profiles within the team, creating a way for them to success in the Digital space through (but not limited to) technical and non-technical training mentorship, coaching, secondments and assignments.
Skills / Experience
- Strong experience leading, managing or influencing multiple functions, geographies and stakeholders (ideally in a Global Digital Program). Experience managing a large, multi-cultural, diverse team.
- Familiarity with modern software engineering techniques such as continuous integration, build, deliver, test-driven development and automated acceptance testing.
- Experience of managing a portfolio of programmes and initiatives within a matrix structure, creating/delivering customer value propositions, and leading technology related programmes
- Communicating and inspiring confidence at a senior level with technical and non-technical audiences, with the ability to shape strong presentations and narratives that influence and commit people to change.
- Experience in multi-facility, international organisations with diverse multi-cultural, corporate cultures.
- Strong team engagement and motivation skills.
- Ability to lead in a matrix and build capabilities in global teams
- An advocate and ambassador of the ‘test, learn, build or pivot’ approach
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Knowledge of implementing data pipelines and dimensional models
- Experience with data lakes, data lakehouses and data warehousing
- Experience with Python and Spark
- Proficiency in using query languages (i.e SQL) and big data analytics
- Good scripting and programming skills.
Interested? Apply, or reach out to myself – Tahanee Twist, Principal Talent Partner – Orbition Group: firstname.lastname@example.org