Who are they?
My client puts technology at the centre of everything they do. This combined with their passion for their customers drives them to produce innovate solutions which aim to delight. This has helped them grow by approximately 40% last year and this trajectory is planned to continue.
Over the past 2 years they have invested significantly to move away from the traditional approaches to IT within financial institutions and to a framework focussed on products. Through this they have embedded agile squads aligned to each function in the company. Each agile squad has dedicated team members and is focussed on key customer outcomes.
The data and analytics domain consists of three of these agile squads who are going through an exciting and transformational change where we are rethinking data and analytics from the ground up and we want you to be part of this journey.
In this role you will:
- Own the high-level architecture of the data platform and develop POCs and prototypes as necessary to demonstrate feasibility and evangelise new data solutions
- Lead the design of data models which follow modern data warehousing best practices
- Be the technical expert on our most challenging data changes
- Work collaboratively with your team members to ensure solutions are built using best practices
We are looking for someone that has:
- extensive experience and a passion for data warehousing design, data modelling principles and ELT tools such as dbt, SnapLogic, Azure Data Factory.
- experience of continuous development and integration
- understanding of database management systems and scripting
- experience of orchestrating ELT workflows using open-source systems such as Apache Airflow
- Experience using Snowflake
- Experience in dbt and Airflow