DIRECTOR OF DATA & ANALYTICS - FTSE 100 - MARKET LEADER & RECOGNISED BRAND - GREENFIELD ENVIRONMENT
Could you imagine having the opportunity to establish, develop and build a Data & Analytics function in a greenfield environment?
Now imagine having the opportunity to do that for a FTSE 100 organisation that is valued at £5 billion, is the market leader in their sector, and is known and trusted by millions of people, enterprise wide!
Well, here's your chance...
Orbition has been retained by that very organisation to appoint a Director of Data to establish, develop and build a Data & Analytics capability in a greenfield environment. This organisation is the market leader in the sector which they operate and are a brand that you'll know, trust and have most probably used.
This is a fantastic opportunity to drive the strategic direction of a FTSE 100 enterprise in a greenfield environment, while being responsible for designing, developing, and implementing the Data Strategy, Culture, and Literacy across the organisation.
The Director of Data role is to ensure this organisation unlocks the value contained in its data and information and define and deliver it's data strategy.
It's vision is to move to a ‘Data as a Service’ model where the business and data teams work together on opportunities to apply data to real-world business problems. The Director of Data will also lead the data team, with team members supporting functions including business insights, data engineering, data science and analytics.
There are several use cases the organisation wishes to capitlaise on, including productising and monetising it's Data while improving customer experience, all of which will drive value back to the organisation.
- Lead a brand-new best in class data capability by building a high performing team, made up of existing team members and to-be-recruited roles
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and other leaders to understand data priorities and pursue them with passion
- Expand and develop the ability for the data team to serve business users with insights and recommendations through both self-service and collaborative approaches
- Foster a culture of ‘data democratisation’ to ensure data not only gets to where it is needed, but also gives people the skills they need to make sense of that data
- Implement a modern cloud-based unified data platform, supported by excellent data engineering practices
- Participate in planning the evolution of the data platform through active involvement in architectural workshops and non-functional design discussions
- Develop a modern data science capability, from concept and training to deployment in production
- Oversee data governance and quality initiatives
- You have created, grown and lead commercial data teams across different disciplines (engineering, analysis, data science)
- You can establish empathetic and collaborative relationships with different business functions, and can communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- You have good experience of cloud data platforms and architecture
- You are able to coach, mentor and nurture team members and support them with their professional growth
- You can communicate complex technical issues to non-technical stakeholders
- You can develop long-term roadmaps and deliver against a vision
If this sounds like a bit of you then hit apply and we'll be in touch to discuss the details