GREENFIELD – DATA ENGINEERING LEAD (FLEXIBLE WORKING)- UK - £90- £120k
Orbition has been retained to work with a pioneering, fast-growing and privately-owned Data and Artificial Intelligence agency, situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
Currently sitting at 60 people and operating for over 15 years, they help provide innovative solutions to grow their clients’ businesses and monetise their data through data science, data engineering, business intelligence and multi-channel marketing.
Working with small niche businesses, through to large multi-national such as HSBC, M&S Direct, COTY Kingfisher, Merchant wines, Screwfix and strong presence within international trade.
They recently launched several innovative initiatives with their specialist Advisory Board, in Data Ethics, and Data Academy working with some of the most prominent and prestigious industry leaders, to solve some of the ethical challenges currently faced.
They are investing significantly in these over the coming year and look to launch both initiatives in 2022 to become the industry standard, and help develop and influence the Data sector for the next generation of data specialists.
As a result of their recent success and a fantastic period of growth, they are looking to secure a Data Engineering Lead.
This position will be to engage, lead and nurture a team of Data Engineers, working on a variety of projects giving a holistic view of the process, improving services and solutions.
You must be an innovative solution-focused leader with a passion for technology, a strong Data Cultured attitude and have a willingness to take ownership and nurture your team to success.
Technical Skills (Essential)
- Software Development experience in Python
- SQL & NoSQL expertise, ideally including Postgres, mySQL and DynamoDB
- Experience with AWS, and with tools like AWS lambda, SQS, SNS, Redshift
- An understanding of Big Data technologies such as Spark and messaging services like Kafka or RabbitMQ and workflow management tools like Airflow
- Experience in node.js is beneficial but not essential.
- Competitive salary (£85k- £100k depending on experience)
- Unlimited paid annual leave …. (That’s right, UNLIMITED)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible, Agile, and remote working available
- Salary sacrifice schemes, including cycle and childcare
Get in touch with Nathan Steels or hit apply and we’ll be in touch