DATA STRATEGY DIRECTOR – LONDON (FLEXIBLE WORKING) – UP TO £95K
Orbition has been retained to work with a pioneering, fast-growing and privately-owned data agency, situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
Currently sitting at 60 people and operating for over 15 years, they help provide innovative solutions to grow their clients’ businesses and monetise their data through data science, data engineering, business intelligence and multi-channel marketing.
Working with small niche businesses, through to large multi-national such as HSBC, M&S Direct, COTY Kingfisher, Merchant wines and Screwfix
They also recently launched their specialist Advisory Board in Data Ethics, with some of the most prominent and prestigious industry leaders, within the data space to solve some of the ethical challenges currently faced.
They are investing significantly in this over the coming year and look to launch an innovative, Data ethics proposition in 2022 to become the standard for the sector.
They also operate a pioneering Data Academy, helping businesses develop their data skills whilst training the next generation of data specialists.
In line with this and due to a fantastic period of growth, they are looking to secure a Director of Data Strategy, reporting directly to the CDO.
You will work with a broad spectrum of clients, providing innovative solutions to build, implement, review and refresh data strategies to help monetise on their actionable insights.
You will combine strong business acumen with solid analytical skills. Problem-solving will be a key focus of the role. You will have a background in a data science or data consultancy, ideally within consulting, media agencies or ad tech companies and be passionate about improving organisations by harnessing the power of data and a natural curiosity for the data space
You must have strong client services skills and a strong understanding of projects focused on areas such as SQL, Python, Machine Learning,
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong experience in delivering data and analytics initiatives.
- Experience in a similar consulting or strategy role.
- A good understanding of data and analytics tools and techniques to be productive in high-level analysis tasks - (Python and R would be useful).
- Demonstrable hands-on technical experience with one or more of the following:
- Data management and governance frameworks used in the industry.
- Data modelling techniques and tools.
- Data science and machine learning techniques and frameworks.
- Cloud and big data technologies and initiatives.
- Experience in managing teams is desirable.
- Strong analytical skills contributing to a deep understanding of data science and big data to build credibility with internal teams and external clients.
- A demonstrable core strategic consulting skillset – you are solution-led, with the ability to act in a trusted advisor capacity and the ability to build strong relationships and rapport with clients to deliver concrete results.
- Stellar written and verbal communications skills: you can explain very complex problems simply and effectively to those who are not experts in the subject.
- Strong commercial acumen: you can spot and develop commercial opportunities.
- A lateral thinker, able to juggle multiple projects, bids, and team responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- An eye for detail and the big picture.
- Confident presenting to clients and senior stakeholders.
- Competitive salary (including London living wage)
- Unlimited paid annual leave …. (That’s right, UNLIMITED)
- Flexible, Agile and remote working available
- Private medical insurance
- Salary sacrifice schemes, including cycle and childcare
Get in touch with Nathan Steels or hit apply and we’ll be in touch