Data and Insights Analyst
£30,000 to £40,000 (depending on skills and experience)
(Please note: you must have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship)
Based in the Northwest, Orbitions client are one of the country’s fastest growing Retail and Ecommerce companies in the UK.
Having recently been joined by one of the Data IQ Top 100, and the inception of a new 30 strong, analytics team, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and thriving business.
The company boasts a strong and leading data academy, to push training and development, but they also run a peer-to-peer coaching/mentor scheme. This scheme is aimed to utilise the team’s wealth of skills and help to drive a data excellence culture, whilst allowing you to up skill.
A brand-new position for a Data and Insights Analyst, has been created with the focus of driving improvements and insight through meaningful analytics with in the digital space and focused at optimising the companies stock, merchandising and supply chain. This role will utilise digital & trading data and intelligence tools to analyse category, product, and customer behaviour, performance and trends, to support the optimisation of the business’s digital strategy.
- Understand business questions and challenges from business stakeholders
- Prepare and analyse data to answer those questions
- Utilise digital/web intelligence tools to analyse category, product, and customer behaviour, interpreting trends and insight for business benefit
- Utilise digital insights to recommend courses of action, focusing on optimising ecommerce performance
- Manage and maintain reports/dashboards, adding features/functionality and troubleshooting as required
- Adhere to, champion, and seek to improve Enterprise Data Products and digital insight processes and best practices
- 2 years+ experience in analysis / data science
- Ability to interpret web traffic, customer behaviours, trading performance, and other vital metrics
- Demonstratable experience of working with SQL
- Experience with dashboarding tools such as Tableau, Qlik, and/or Power BI and the ability to use the data to tell a story.
- Experience of competitor analysis and identifying market trends, as well as an understanding of retail supply chain
- Strong presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Experience working in a dynamic marketing department with customer focussed analysis
- Ability to build trust and rapport with business users
- Ability to explain data, dashboard, and data science and recommendations clearly and succinctly
- Skilled in requirements gathering/analysis
- Ability to cleanse, manipulate, and analyse data with tools/languages such as Excel, SQL, and Alteryx
- Successful delivery of reports using different reporting tools such as Business Objects and/or Excel
- Experience delivering as part of an Agile team preferred
- Aptitude and attitude for increasing technical skills
- Excellent critical thinking and solution creation skills
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience in effectively managing a range of tasks and priorities, simultaneously
This role will operate remotely but there will be some expectation to attend office HQ (as defined by the company).